Saturday, February 28, 2015

Bookish Discussion: To Read Or Not To Read (Books I Own)


I've been mood reading since the start of the year, and I love it! So much better than keeping a strict schedule! I think that was one of the reasons why I fell into my horrible reading slump not that long ago. However, every time I go to my reading list of book I own to check out what book I'm in the mood for, there are books there that I skip without a second glance. So then I thought to myself, "How many of these book that I own am I not sure I want to read anymore, for one reason or another?" It's a sad thought, but it happened, and here is what I came up with:

Enchantment (Channie, #1) ReVamped (Angel Creek, #1) Tidal Whispers Grey Eyes (The Forever Trilogy, #1)

Mesmerize (Mystyx, #4) Two and Twenty Dark Tales: Dark Retellings of Mother Goose Rhymes The Mind Readers (Mind Readers, #1) Moonstone (Unbidden Magic, #1) Tommy Nightmare (The Paranormals, #2)

Beautiful Demons (Peachville High Demons, #1) The Glassheart Chronicles Narrative Loserdom: From Journal One Mesmerized Frost (Stork, #2)

The Revenant Blood Magic (The Blood Journals, #1) Dearly, Departed (Gone With the Respiration, #1) Hearts at Stake (The Drake Chronicles, #1) Make Me a Real Girl (Witches of the Demon Isle, #1)

Swoon (Swoon, #1) Exiled (The Protector, #1) Ethereal (Celestra, #1) Starfire Angels (Starfire Angels: Dark Angel Chronicles, #1) Prized (Birthmarked, #2)

The Emerald Talisman (Talisman, #1) Havoc (Deviants #2) Touch of Power (Healer, #1) Skylark (Skylark, #1) Mermaid: A Twist on the Classic Tale

A lot of these are either freebies, books I won in a giveaway, or sequels where I haven't even read the first book yet! Ridiculous, I know. Lol.


Has this thought ever occurred to you? Do you have any books you own that you aren't sure you want to read anymore?? And let me know if you've read any of these and recommend them! :)

4 comments:

  1. I read Beautiful Demons a few years ago and it did not stick in my head. At my age, only the books I love really rate a remembrance. I bet there are quite a few people who have tons of books that they have not read and honestly have no interest in reading. I do attemlt to read one once in a while. I have found that I actually really come across some I love but since I am a mood reader too, I do not read as many as I should. Give one a try now and then. You might be surprised at how well you liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely have books that I don't know if I want to read anymore - especially ebooks. Of these, I've read The Mind Readers and Prized, neither or which were particular favorites. If you have plenty of books you want to read, I'd skip those.

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have some books that I just never got in the mood for.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a lot of books and there some I started and never touched again. I buy many books used, so I don't feel too bad about it.

    ReplyDelete