Sunday, February 15, 2015

Sunday Post #65: I Chopped Off My Hair!!


Welcome to The Sunday Post hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer, where I talk about what is going on in life and the blog, and show you all the bookish things I got that week! Let's get started!


So last week I skipped the Sunday Post simply because I had blogged the entire week, every single day, and I just wanted a break. So I took it :) Nothing too interesting happened that week anyway... except that I chopped off my hair!

I don't have any 'before' pics because it was literally a last minute decision. Last Sunday morning I didn't wake up thinking, "Oh, I think I'll cut my hair today!" I mean, I've been wanting to get a trim for a while now, but I just haven't gone. So that day when my mom told my brothers to line up 'cause it was haircut day they all moaned and complained, "You go first!" "No, you go first!" as is the case every. Single. Time. So out of nowhere the words, "Fine, I'll go first," just slipped right out of my mouth.

Now, a while ago, before I had layers in my hair, my mom used to cut my hair. But I was getting sick of the layers from sticking out of my braids, which had been my preferred hairstyle lately.

So I told my mom to just chop off all my layers straight across. Then I went in and trimmed it just a tiny bit more to give it a soft u-shape in the back (it was my 1st time cutting my own hair, so I was super nervous! But it came out fine!) I'm telling you, we chopped off a good 4-5 inches!! And cutting my hair is always a dilemma for me... once it gets to a certain length I get annoyed and I just want to chop it all off, but at the same time I don because long hair and braids! So now I am super happy with my shorter hair but super sad 'cause my braids wont be long and gorgeous :(

Aaaand Valentine's Day was yesterday... yay- NOT! I think it's super lame so to rebel against this "holiday" you know how I spent the day? Watching horror movies, oh yeah! Granted it was a really bad horror movie, but still, lol. Then I painted my nails (surprised?) and I also did some writing. Yup, I write sometimes too ;) And if you guessed that my WIP involves some Greek mythology, you are totally right! But...

"Writing is hard." -Chuck, Supernatural

It's one of the reasons why I admire authors SO much! Especially those who do it for a living! Anyway, in the last week I wrote about 6 pages. I know everyone uses a word count to keep track, but since I'm writing in these:

The top one is actually the one I'm using to write. The flower one underneath I'm
using to write some random scenes that come to mind. And the bottom two are
blank at the moment :)

that would just take a lot of time! Trust me, I tried to do it for NaNoWriMo one year and it was a pain in the ass!! Lol.

Online

Pinterest:

This week I did lots of Pinteresting things! Haha. Not really I just sat at my computer and pinned things, lol. But the two boards I pinned a lot of stuff onto were these two:

Follow Liliana's board Supernatural on Pinterest.

Follow Liliana's board Marvel on Pinterest.


Posts you may have missed:


Book Haul

For Review:

The Key To Tartarus

Thank you, Nancy! :)


Freebie:

Valentine's Day Sucks

[Click the image to take you to the Amazon page! But check the price first to make sure it's still free!]


How was your guys' week? Did you guys get some awesome bookish things this week? Let me know in the comments below or leave me a link to your post!

6 comments:

  1. Aww I don't think I have ever seen a picture of you. Hope you are enjoying the haircut. I did the same before summer and love it. It's so much easier to deal with. Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe :) I actually have another pic of myself on my About Me page... but I HATE being photographed so you wont find many pics of me floating around the interwebs :) lol

      Delete
  2. Wow, your hair must have been so long before you cut it!! It looks great for being a DIY haircut too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was! It was all the way down past my lower back! But the ends were damaged with split ends, so I'm glad I decided to cut it! It looks much healthier now :) And thank you! I'm pretty impressed myself! I was afraid I'd have to go to the salon to get it fixed LOL

      Delete
  3. I need a haircut sooooo bad! It's been almost three years! If I straighten my hair, the longest layers are to my waist. I never had hair this long since I was a kid! It's driving me crazy! SO MUCH HAIR!

    Angie @ Pinkindle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL That's how I felt, too! I love it now, but I also kinda want it back =/ haha

      Delete