Sunday, May 8, 2016

Sunday Post #91: Apple Blossom and Anxiety



Welcome to The Sunday Post hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer, where I talk about what is going on in life and the blog, and show you all the bookish things I got that week! Let's get started!


Um, so nothing much happened this week. Just work. And more work. So we have a festival thing going on this week in town called Apple Blossom where we have parades, a food fair, and carnival... and I've been to nothing. It's sad, I know. But at the same time, I haven't really cared these past couple of years 'cause it's more a tourist thing and all the crowds just makes me anxious.

Speaking of anxiety, I have had the worst anxiety in the past week that I have ever had! This whole anxiety thing started right after I finished nursing school 2 years ago (school broke me, haha). I got it very rarely, but in the last year I've notice it happening a lot more. This week it started on Wednesday when I went out for an appointment in the AM then went birthday shopping for my dad. It didn't go away till I locked myself in my room. Thursday I was fine 'cause I didn't work then either and I just stayed home all day. But then Friday... I worked Friday and for the 1st half of my shift, holy crap! Worst anxiety EVER! Thankfully my patient was asleep so I didn't have to do much with her. But wow, it has never been so bad. It made me nauseous and I had to take deep breaths 'cause I felt like I couldn't breathe. It was horrible! And I know this is nothing compared to the level of anxiety other people have. I am just thankful I can deal with it on my own (so far) and it doesn't incapacitate me. (Then Saturday I was fine again.)

Things I've Watched This Week:

So, I haven't seen anything of note this week. I still haven't finished Death Note 'cause, well, I don't want it to be over, Lol. I have been binge watching Property Brothers and Kitchen Crashers... Don't ask me why. I guess I like these house remodeling shows. Plus, they are on Netflix. Lol.





Captain America: Civil War! I haven't seen it yet as of the time I am writing this post (Saturday night), but I am hoping to watch it really, really soon! Hopefully today (Sunday)! Have you seen it?? I am SO super excited to see this!!

As for nail art, my nails have actually been naked this whole past week! Can you believe it? I can't, Lol. I am going through withdrawals so I'll definitely be doing something this coming week :)

Online

Posts you may have missed:

  

Reviews:

Dollhouse (Dollhouse, #1) Shadow (Paper Gods, #0.5)



Book Haul

Bought:

 


APOLLO! MY GODS FINALLY!!!! Yes!! I am SO excited to read this! Apollo is my most favorite Greek God EVER and you know how much I love all of Rick Riordan's books! And even though I own all of the Kane Chronicles/Percy Jackson crossover novella in e-book form, I actually bought the physical copy with all the novellas in one handy book! My love for Rick Riordan's writing is real. Haha.


Freebies:

  

 

[Click the image to take you to the Amazon page! But check the price first to make sure it's still free!]


Library Loot:


LOVED the first book so I was super excited to see that my library had the sequel. Very much looking forward to reading this!


Swag!


I got swag, yeah ;) And Jennifer Estep has new bookmarks! I has so happy to see them 'cause they are SO freaking cute! Thanks Jen!


How was your guy's week? Get any bookish things? Let me know in the comments below or leave me a link to your post!

No comments:

Post a Comment